Monday, June 25, 2012

You're never too old to color...

Coloring books - Not Just For The Kids Anymore!



Sure, the coloring books available in most stores may be a little to easy and kiddie for anyone over the age of twelve. but my Mom introduced me to Dover Publishers five or so years ago. She always included a set of colored pencils with each coloring book. At first, I colored half a page and it ended up on my shelf. A year later I finally got the urge to color and was challenged to finish a picture. My first one took me a week and a half to finish, but I did it and it was so gratifying. And haven't stopped since. Dover makes coloring books for both children and adults. Their geometric shape books and unique scenery pictures are the favorites among my friends. Not only is it fun, but it is also a great stress reliever... if you enjoy it it is very relaxing.




Here are some of the books Dover Publications offers - for more and to sign up for their mailing list (you will get free samples weekly!) visit their website







These coloring books are what reintroduced me to the wonderful world of arts and crafts - I've never been the best artist, but I still can create a masterpiece full of color. But if you really want to get crafty, try creating your own masterpiece and draw and color your own pictures - colored pencil art is quickly becoming popular in the artist community!

No comments:

Post a Comment

easy on the spam. i link back.